Friday 23 March 2012

Tanning, A Burning Question

Yesterday, I spent all day in the garden & by the end of it was a lovely shade of brown. that only a day of gardening could provide, then afterwards I jumped into the shower to wash all the soil off & went back to my pale & interesting self. If I could tan, I seriously wouldn't consider getting one seeing as though I'm almost 32 & yet to even show the merest hint of a wrinkle. If it wan't for the fact of my receding hairline & my salt & chilli beard I could so easily lie about my age & be convincing, perhaps I should go around clean shaven & constantly wearing a hat. It wasn't so long ago in history that being tanned was thought of as being lower class, it has only been from the 50s & 60s did the tan even became remotely fashionable, since then there have been an increase of malignant melanoma in people & an increase of people who are starting to get faces resembling a Braille road map. If tanning looks good, it only stays that way for a short period & the ravages of constantly causing first degree burns takes its toll on you. If you were meant to be bronzed you would have been born that bronzed. The other thing I suppose you could do is fake tan yourself, there are some good ones out there I'm sure, but most of the people I see wearing them look like a slightly chavvy Morph impersonator. A colleague of mine had some of his girlfriend's fake tan rub off on him I told him to say it was the late stages of a bruise, which he actually got away with. the best thing is to be comfortable with your skin tone, your only young once & it is better to look that way for as long as you can or you will be spending a fortune on creams & injecting your face with modified botulism.

No comments:

Post a Comment