Tuesday 27 March 2012

Having Your Say

Yesterday I went to the forum on gay marriage in Birmingham, it meant a commute but I couldn't not go seeing as though it was my day off from work. I'm very much in favour of getting your voice heard if you are in a position to, it doesn't matter who you are, what you do for a living if you want to stand up & be counted you have to put the effort in, there were many issues discussed about the roll out of civil gay marriage as it appears to be going ahead anyway, but they need to know how to do it & the pitfalls of it. it was a somewhat useful exercise & it is on the right step towards equality, though not there by a long shot. If you feel passionate about something, let the right people know & you never know, you might start the ball rolling in a different direction with the point you made, it may not make a difference but you will not know unless it was said in the first place. I never thought of myself of being remotely political, but then I look back on what I do & I think who am I trying to kid? Even if politics in a general sense is not for you, do still campaign for what you believe in in a constructive way & if at all possible in the official way. Having been to one forum I think I may have the bug for it. If you do want you say on gay marriage stand up & be counted at
 https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... 48356xhlqw as it is not too late even if you have missed the forum as it wasn't well advertised to begin with & be the loud mouth you always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment