Friday 24 February 2012

Popping Pills

OK so this will be my last post of the week as I do have a busy weekend at work oh & a Rammstein concert with my sister. Don't worry I shall be back next week as long as I don't get mauled for singing a Kath & Kim version of Mein Teil swapping the title for Wine Time, which is so very tempting. Back on track I do have a cold, as stated in my numerous previous posts, but one thing has bugged me about this cold, I have needed to take the conventional medicine approach a bit more this time, it is more to do with the getting rid of it rather than the cold itself. Last night I had a very disturbed night's sleep due to me coughing up a lung, no not literally, so after an hour of coughing I decided to go downstairs take some cough mixture & sleep on the sofa, which is no comfortable when you are 6'2", but it stopped me from disturbing my other half who as usual had to be up early for work. My reluctance of taking conventional medicine is thus, if I have 'a bit of a headache' as some of my colleagues do & take a paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen or elephant tranquilliser like they usually do what would happen if I really did have a blinding headache that was making me see stars, would they work as well? I feel we get way too dependant on over the counter remedies, if it is something slight it will go away, OK it might not be the comfortable way of doing things, but could mean that when there is a real problem then your body will react better to the meds & will not have built up a resistance meaning that you'd have to up the does to the amount that would kill a horse for them just to work a little. Your body can do amazing things it can heal itself far better than you think, believe in it & you may find that your headache may go away of its own accord, maybe just take a nap or massage your temples, just stay away from the little white things until absolutely necessary. I'm not saying that if you have a serious medical condition not to take your meds, just if your moaning about something insignificant in the grand scheme of things. So calm down don't take a chill pill it will not work until you stop taking them all the time & may stop rattling too. See you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment